Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Family Sunday: Golfing at Beaver Creek

Okay...so maybe it wasn't a Sunday, but it still counts for our weekly family day! For the weekend of July 11 & 12th, the ENTIRE family made a visit to the Dome Home. Initially our big family get together was because there was supposed to be a golf tournament on the 12th, but it was cancelled. Since we all planned on going anyways, we all came with our clubs anyways. 

Perry has been acting as the interim district manager right now while the new guy moves over from Chicago. Our trip to the Hi-Line was planned for the weekend after his first week with his "new" job. He made his first store visits to the Bozeman and Billings stores and then made the loop to the round house. It worked out perfect since he's been in Washington for the last few weeks. Anyways, Kile, Chris & Casey made the long 8+ hour drive, Kim brought her boyfriend Julian, and Robin all met up in Hingham for a short weekend of fun. 
 Once we had the babysitter settled in, we headed out the golf course in Havre. The weather was GREAT! Although the "real" tournament was cancelled, my dad rounded up quite a few other people and we had a mini tournament. I think in total there was about 20 of us - we made up a solid half of them!
 I've never done it before, but we played a best ball scramble. I think that's what you call it... But everyone teed off and then we took the best ball, then everyone hit their ball from that spot and took the best ball...and so on. I wasn't much help...
 We played girls vs boys. My dad was SO excited to hang out with "his boys"!
 I was the lucky one to share a cart with Kimmy, who was mostly referred to as Wie (the famous golfer). If there was a "Wie" pun, it was used, the entire day. "Wie need to golf better!" "You're going the wrong way. Oh, Saw-wie!" And let me just tell you about our carts! Ours had super speed. You were either stopped or going super fast. No in between. Plenty of times we passed Robin up in her extra slow cart. Kile and Mom's cart was "normal" except for you had to shut it off when you weren't moving because it would sit there and idle. 
 Isn't this momma-to-be adorable? Couple more months and I'll have another nephew!
 Sisters!
 The girls ended up losing, by 2? strokes, even though we had a pretty big handicap. I guess we have to do the dishes on the holidays... I'm glad Thanksgiving is with the Dustin's this year! Or so I think anyways... 
 Even though we lost, we still did pretty good! 
 After golf everyone met up at the Hingham park for a barbecue. Although I attempted to prevent it, Perry passed out for a while. He had a little too much fun :) 
 And so did Julian with my camera...
 Check out this big kid too! He was walking every where! I can't believe he's going to be a big brother!
Once we got back from town, Perry and I watched the sunset over the Sweet Grass mountains. When we were lighting off fireworks, I made a comment about the Super Moon to the boys. Apparently neither Perry or Julian have seen it this big, and red before. What a treat for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!