Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Functional Closet for JP: A Closet Makeover

Toward the end of summer, Perry and I went on a "get-things-done" spree, where we worked on finishing up projects that we had started, or intended to start. One of them was finishing JP's closet doors. It was an easy project that I headed up. The look on Perry's face was price-less when he saw me coming up the stairs with the doors in my hand. The plan was to sand and stain them in a weekend and be done with the project. But one thing leads to another and then I'm on Pinterest looking at how to make the boys' closets...
 
If I would have known JP would LOVE green, I never would have painted his room, but I did. Anyways, his closet just wasn't cutting it for me...Who stores their wedding dress in their kids' closet? I DO... But my main concern was that JP couldn't get his clothes down without using a chair, and since I'm all about fostering independence, getting dressed was fairly hard for my short little munchkin. 
With a little extra time, Perry gutted the closet and worked on making him shelves, while I painted the inside. I'm impressed with my closet doors. They look so much nicer in his room! JP now has two bars to hang his clothes on. The upper bar is for out of season clothes, that still fit but I don't want to pack away. On the right side, he now has shelves to store his stuff, like his big pillow, suitcase, and the *large* number of puzzles he's acquired. Added perk for JP - he now has two knobs on his doors instead of one ugly one! Now to get Hunter's closet done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!