Sunday, November 9, 2014

From Crib to Toddler Bed - Already?!

This little girl is growing up faster than I can fathom! She'll be 18 months in a few days! 
I'll admit, I'm not ready to give her crib away. And I didn't think she was old enough herself to give it up yet, but she's proving me wrong so far! If I recall, we moved Hunter out of the crib when he was about 15 months to make room for JP. JP stayed in the crib until he was about 20 months, I think. We had a heck of a time with Hunter, probably because he was too young, but we didn't have much of a choice. JP was a rock star at it too, like Charlotte.
For right now, she's using the same bed the boys did, except I painted it. It was royal blue but I wanted it to match her room. I need to touch it up a bit because it gathered a few scratches when I was assembling it. 
Because we are going to be giving our crib to Perry's sister, who is due with her first (A GIRL!!) in January, I thought I'd start moving Charlotte to a bed now. My plan was to just do naps in the bed, and sleep at nigh in the crib. But she did so well, that we let her try sleeping in the bed at night too. 
Words cannot explain how cute she is either! On her first night in her bed, she only got out of her bed once and *very* quietly walked down the hall to the kitchen and just stood their with her blanket in hand. Adorable! It's even cuter to watch her try to get onto her bed. Because she's so little, she kind of struggles, mostly because of the white railing on the side. She likes to get on at the end of the bed, but her knee hits the bars when she's climbing. Now she has a little step stool.
Last night I checked on her before I went to bed, and it was painfully obvious that she had fallen out of bed and then went back to sleep. This morning Perry and I were awoken by the sound of something crashing, followed by baby cries. Not what you want to wake up to...After she woke up and couldn't pull the door open, she became curious and started pulling out the drawers on her dresser until it tipped over...on top of her. Perry made it to the room first and started screaming, "NO! CHARLI!!! NOOO!! CHARLI!!" All I could see was a toppled dresser with a leg sticking out. I think Perry was on the verge of tears as he heaved the dresser off of her. She was clearly shook up, and could have been severely hurt, but her guardian angels saved her. She was running around a few minutes later with nothing but a scuff on her noggin. Thank goodness! Now I remember why we had the dresser in the closet...Hunter did the same thing before, except it didn't land on him. 
Isn't she adorable?! If she keeps this up, we might have to put the crib away for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!