Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hunter's Room: Before

We've lived at our home now for almost 5 1/2 years. I cannot believe it's been that long! When we bought this place, I wouldn't have called it a fixer-upper, though it HAD to have new paint throughout, but it's turned into one. 

Hunter's room downstairs is really the only room that we haven't touched. The color on the walls wasn't horrible, and for a kids room, we dealt with it.
 It was the carpeting that was in need of an update. It didn't even have a pad under it...
 When we finally moved Hunter downstairs to have his own room, I added a few cars to his walls to make it more kid-friendly. Painting those things took *a lot* of time! Since there is a ledge in his room, I painted it black and added a center line to make it into a road. I was always tickled when I'd see him and JP driving their cars on it!
 In typical Hunter fashion, his room didn't stay nice for long. Only days after I finished the yellow car, he took the black permanent marker to it. (Because I hadn't put it away yet since I was still working on the other vehicles...) And a while later...
...he woke from nap time and dug into my cake dyes. Isn't that just a pretty spot on the carpet? We've since always kept something over top of it. Like his dresser. Which soaked up some of the green... Hunter was one big mess when I found him...
 But most recently, this is what his room looked like. If you look closely, you can kind of see the different shades of the blue/green above the yellow car. Perry was going to touch up paint once, and after painting the majority of the room, and wall with the cars, he realized the colors were different, and stopped... Since Hunter is *almost* 6 years old (when did that happen?!) we figured it was time to update his room. A lot. So here comes one big project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!