Saturday, July 25, 2015

Sleepy Time for Charlotte

At the beginning of summer, I put the kabosh to naps for Charlotte. An afternoon nap would keep her up until at least 9pm. Fighting with the kids at bedtime is not one of my favorite things. Since we've eliminated her nap, bedtime has been a breeze! She's not too cranky during the day either. 

Yesterday I took the kids on an afternoon bike ride to the park. I've been busy quilting my hexagon quilt and was getting a little stir crazy. By the end of our time at the park, Charlotte was clearly exhausted. I'm surprised she didn't fall asleep on the way home! *In other news, she's potty training right now and we successfully went to the park for two hours with no accident!* As soon as we brought all of our park stuff into the house, Charlotte insisted she watch "Me Mouse." (The girl is obsessed with Minnie Mouse so as soon as she wakes up in the mornings she requesting to watch "Me Mouse Clubhouse, Come Inside!") I obliged since she was in need of some quiet time. A short while later I hear the credits roll, and thought it was odd she wasn't requesting it to be turned back on. Then I saw this....



I woke her up after the video and she kept her eyes open for a few seconds and then just laid down and passed back out. Poor girl was so tired! I let her sleep while I finished prepping dinner. Twenty minutes tops. Come bedtime at 7:30 though she was wired. 
By 8:30 she still wasn't asleep so I went in an checked on her. Bad idea. All she wanted to tell me was how much she wanted to watch Me Mouse. I told her it was bedtime and then left her room. From then on she was delirious. I sat on the couch listening and laughing to myself for the next hour while she spouted off random phrases she commonly uses, just so I'd go back into her room. Here's some of the things she would shout:

"Hunter hit me."
"No, that's my bah-bah"
"My blankie!"
"Stop it Hunter!"
(He was sleeping at this point in his room...?)
"Keep eating Jim."
"I watch Me Mouse Clubhouse! Come inside!" X a bajillion
"I go potty"
"ME MOUSE!"

Such a little stinker! I wish she'd have fell asleep at the dinner! Only Hunter has...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!