Friday, July 24, 2015

That One Time I Passed Out at a Bar...

As I mentioned, we took a trip to the Round House last week. I think it's safe to say everyone had a lot of fun while we were up visiting for the week. I was fortunate enough to be able to catch up with three of my high school classmates, one of which I've known since pre-school, one I met in Kindergarten (who is also a relative!), and the other who I've only known since junior high, but who I'd consider one of my best friends. I was thrilled he and I were able to hang out not once, not twice, but three times! It was so good to catch up!

Since he just became a new daddy to a beautiful little girl, I dropped off a pile of clothes for her to grow into. (I'm so lucky my neighbors have twin girls a year older than Charlotte!) After a rough Friday night searching for literally an hour for Charlotte's blanket, because she CAN'T go to bed without it, I agreed to meet him at the bar for drink. Perfect timing since Kim and Kile and Chris were on their way back from Havre - they stopped in and joined us.

Not fifteen minutes after my sisters left, I started getting a really bad stomach cramps. To myself I thought, "As soon as this one passes, I'll head home." Before I could even finish that thought completely, I opened my eyes to see my friend staring down at me asking if I was okay. Then I heard the bartender was on the phone with 911. FML...get her off the phone! I just fainted. Apparently I was only out for about 15 seconds, which is nothing compared to sometimes....He said my eyes rolled into the back of my head and then I fell off my barstool. I WASN'T EVEN KIND OF DRUNK!! Screw you stomach cramps. For those of you who know me, believe me when I say I have a very low tolerance for pain. I laid on the floor for half an hour because I knew if I were to sit up, I'd have to throw up. And I was right.

I probably said, "I feel so stupid right now," at least a dozen a times. I haven't passed out for maybe 12 years. With my history, that's a long time! It's not pulling a sliver from Hunter's foot, or bandaging Perry's mutilated finger, or bandaging my arm that is nearly spraying blood everywhere that gets me. I stopped myself from fainting each of those times. It's these blessed stomach cramps. Here we go with too much info, but hey we all poop. Sometimes when I don't poop often enough, or eat out, or have other people's cooking too much, I get these horrible stomach cramps. I breathe through some like I'm in labor... Usually mine are fixed after pooping, but there have been plenty of times where I'm pooping, but the pain in my stomach is making me feel like I'm going to faint. Then I'm at this point where I have to put my head between my knees or else I'll pass out while on the pot. Sometimes the pain will then start making me nauseous... It's this vicious thing where I lock the door and tell Perry not to come in, no matter what, even if he hears a loud thud, in which case I probably fainted and he doesn't need to see that....

Needless to say, I refused to leave my car parked at the bar over night, so my friend took me home. When I got there, I attempted to wake Kim up to have her ride back with him and bring it back, but with no luck. By that point though I was feeling like myself again, so I rode back to town with him and took it home myself. There's only a handful of people who have actually been around me when I've fainted and I'm glad he was one of them. Not having everyone freak out was a nice change!

But really. Who passes out sober at a bar?

This girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!