Saturday, July 25, 2015

Thursday Night Baseball Game

On Thursday I took a little trip across town to drop off some stuff with Grandma Betty at her office, and then I swung by the hotel to double check my work schedule. In passing I asked if we were going to have a work party at the baseball game like we've done in past. The answer unfortunately was a 'no' but I scored a few tickets for a game this season anyways :) 

Perry and I have discussed taking the kids to a game, but hadn't actually done it this season. Earlier in the day there was a little storm that passed through town with wind, rain, and a some hail. I checked the forecast and it was supposed to be a pretty calm and not too warm evening, so I planned for us to go that night. (And because I didn't want to cook dinner.) As soon as I returned home from the hotel, I laid Charlotte down for a nap and broke the news to the boys. Perry wasn't too thrilled when I unleashed the plan on him when he was done with work...
 
Thursday nights are "kids eat free with a ticket purchase" night, so that was a good reason to go in of itself. Each kid received a hot dog, bag of chips and a drink. Hunter put up a fit and made Charlotte trade her Doritos for his Cheetos. Horrible trade because I had to not only sit next to her, but also had JP on the other side of me with his bag of Cheetos. By the end of Charlotte's bag, I had Cheeto residue all over me... Charlotte was all orange too.

Not long after the game started, a small rain cloud came through and sprinkled us a little bit. We scored two beautiful rainbows to look at out of it!
 Charlotte definitely enjoyed herself! For the most part she either sat on my lap or Perry's lap, and then she'd get to dance any time the music came on. She also always had her eye on Ollie the Osprey from the minute he stepped onto the field. Randomly throughout the game she would call out for everyone to hear, "Here birdie! Here birdie! Where's da birdie? Ollie! Ollie!" The guy in front of us would crack up laughing every time. 

I managed to snag a picture or two with cranky Hunter. He hated that it was sprinkling.
JP on the other hand was much more cooperative. Normally he doesn't like his picture taken, but this time he said we needed to take another one without his hat on. 

We all had a lot of fun at the game! There were numerous trips to the bathroom since they gave the kids a monstrous sized drink. During the last trip to the bathroom, Hunter and JP ran off ahead and went on their own to to the men's room. I could hear them laughing and messing around from outside... When they came out they blew past me and climbed over the seats to get a few rows down to our seats. They were promptly reprimanded by a worker, just as I was able to lose my cool. As I picked up Hunter to lift him over the seat to put him in his spot, he jumped up and his head slammed into my chin which cause me to bite my touch. Then I was over the game. I was done. My mouth tasted like blood and I was simply done. 
Before we left the stadium, I wanted to get a picture with the kids and Ollie. I asked Charlotte if she wanted to see the bird and she agreed each time, and once said she'd hug it. Different story when she was up close though! I love Hunter's expression! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!