Monday, January 7, 2013

Mom! We're racing!

Last week, Perry, the boys and I met up with Perry's parents and Perry's brother and wife for dinner. Dinner was perfect! The atmosphere, the people, the food...

After dinner, like usual, like clockwork, Hunter announced to me (sitting across the table) that he needed to go to the bathroom. Of course I took him. I might have rolled my eyes too because I *always* have to take him to the bathroom, and he always says we're going into the wrong one. This time was really no different. We discussed why mommy goes into the one with the dress on, and daddy goes into the one with the pants on, and when he gets older, he can go into that one by himself. 

During the discussion, we walked into his chosen stall and I turned around to lock the door just as I heard the bathroom door open and another lady enter. As I turned around to help Hunter out, he was gone. Crawled under the stall wall. Just as I realized what happened, the lady enters the stall Hunter was in and apologizes because she didn't know he was using that one. I of course then apologized and explained that he crawled  (on the icky nasty toilet paper covered floor!) and was supposed to be with me. We laughed about it, and decided it could have been worse. After all, she could have been peeing when he crawled under...

In the meantime I get him back into our stall and up onto the toilet as this lady starts to go pee herself. Hearing this, Hunter exclaims "MOM! It's a race!! We're racing!" I was shocked, stunned, and vibrating trying not to laugh! Of course, then Hunter starts peeing with a very focused, determined look on his face. Once he was done, he hopped off the toilet and again exclaimed, as clear as day, "MOM! I won! I won the race!" Again, I tried super hard not to laugh as I helped him button his pants and flush the toilet....Of course we had had to leave the stalls at the same time...Awkward!

This kid cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!