Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Front Yard Updates

Perry and I were scrolling through photos of our home, inside and out, the other day and couldn't believe what our home was like when we bought it. The front yard, for the most part, looks almost the same, but with some minor changes. Here is what our house looked like in the summer of 2010.
Over Memorial weekend this year, Perry started working on a front patio for us. Let me go back a little bit. I was at work one day and he sent me a picture of what he was doing to the left portion of the front of the house....taking out a bunch of rocks and rearranging the big ones with help from the boys. I'm not sure what he was going for, but it resulted in having another flower bed on the left side. After getting home and actually seeing what he was doing, I explained over and over that nothing is going to grow very well there since it doesn't get much light. So it was decided that we'd take all the rock out and do something different with the space. 
He worked and worked and worked and after a couple long days, finally finished the front patio. After a paint job in 2011 (?) and a little hard work, here's what it's looking like now 2013.
I love how the patio turned out. He used white rocks between the stones. It looks nice, but we're always kicking them back into place...
I even added at little project of my own to the flower beds. This topsy-turvey planter was so easy to make and cost all of about $10 to make. I've received so many compliments on it. I love how it turned out!
Now if only the neighborhood cat would stop doing its business in my flower bed, something might actually grow in it...or maybe next year we'll just take it out...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!