Monday, June 9, 2014

Charlotte's Physical Therapy is Paying Off!

Charli has been going to physical therapy now for about three weeks. I was little hesitant to take her at first, but after two weeks, I can see a difference in where she was and where is now in her scooting. She still scoots around, but she has on multiple occasions tried to crawl the normal way, and has even started to cruise along furniture. Her pediatrician was surprised that she was doing at her 12 month appointment, but she is now! 

Each morning, or as often as we can, we do activities like playing on her knees, climbing the stairs, and playing games to make her go from standing to squatting, all of which are helping her build up her core muscles. Today was a HUGE day for her. Not only did she take a ton of steps, she later stood up by herself without holding onto anything. Straight from squatting to standing. I think she surprised herself! 
Charlotte's first few steps! WooHoo! At PT her doctor suggested standing her up against a wall to help her gain more confidence in standing and so she has someone to walk to. Since Charlotte, and most babies at some point, lack confidence in standing alone, she has a hard time letting go of my hand. By going up against a wall, she can lean back on it to regain control. [Try this with Casey, Kile!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!