Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer Has Arrived!

I have survived the first full week of our summer vacation! Only 11 more to go! 
We spent a lot of time outside and Charlotte is loving every minute of it. She learned how to climb up the slide too! Slow and steady...and yes, JP slid down the slide *between* her legs. She looked at me like "what just happened?" 

A few day later we went to a birthday party for a boy who was in Hunter's preschool class. It was so nice to get together with the moms and just chat. There wasn't a plan for the party, other than to eat cake and ice cream, but that's my kind of party. We walked the kids to a park a few blocks down from their house and they all played while we sat back and watched. As luck would have it, Hunter left his hat at their house, so it gave us a good reason to get together again. 
 Yesterday we did just that. After a long morning cleaning up the house, we met up at one of the splash deck parks and let the kids run around. I was surprised I was never called away to go play, push them on the swings, or something similar. It helped there were trucks at the park though!
 Hunter enjoyed running through the water a little bit.
Charlotte hung out in her bathing suit, but mostly just scooted around the blanket. She was an angel!
JP seemed to always be off doing his own thing, and could usually be found spinning the horse heads around. 
Before we scurried away to the park, the boys brought me some lilacs that I quickly placed in a cup before heading out the door.
When we got home, JP found a caterpillar on them, and Hunter snatched the thing up and hardly put it down.
 With a lot of convincing, JP retrieved a leaf for the little guy to roam around on. Then they built him a home out of our fire wood pieces. They were devastated when he was no where to be found in his new home an hour later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!