Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hiking the "M" + Golf with Aunt Kim

I some how forgot to post about our hikes to the "M" with Aunt Kim! Way back in January, when we had a heat wave, Kim and I took the boys to hike Mount Sentinel so they could touch the "M". 
 The first switch back was a little muddy on the way up but they boys didn't seem to mind. That's as far as we made it though because the kids were getting cold. 
 They were pretty impressed with the view either way!
 When we got back down, we took them across campus to check out the big grizzly bear. They had a lot of fun playing on it and I'm pretty sure Kim has a picture of them pretending to be bears. 
 In May, we had some great hiking weather. Unfortunately, Hunter was at preschool when we took our 2nd hike to the "M" and actually made it! Jim made sure he climbed on it.
 I wasn't sure if we were going to make it all the way up because we had to be across town to pick up Hunter. After powering through the last 4 switchbacks, we hung out at the top for about 5 minutes before marching back down to get Hunter from school.
 JP had it easy. Sort of. He hiked up a couple switchbacks, but whenever he became tired, Aunt Kim carried him. I would have helped, but I had Charlotte in my front carrier. She some how carried him down the mountain too!
 The other weekend, Charlotte and I had more fun with Aunt Kim when she took us golfing. (Perry wasn't impressed that I went golfing without him...)
 Charlotte couldn't have been any better! She chilled in her car seat the whole game and snacked on food. She was just starting to get fussy when we finished the 9th hole. Perfect timing!
It was the perfect day for golf, especially since we missed out on the thunderstorm headed our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!