Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Patio Door Is In!

We installed our new front door at the beginning of September. At the same time, we also decided to go ahead and replace our patio door. It took two weeks to order it between having someone come out and measure, and then come back to re-measure once the trim was off, and then to decide what we wanted to do - standard size and fill the gaps, or the more spendy custom size. Then it took three more weeks to have it delivered...
I was surprised to find this picture when we did a walk through of the house. Puke! Orange kitchen and green living room... Yeah no thanks...
Of course we re-painted...

For whatever reason, Perry has always wanted a sliding door instead of this door. He feels like the right corner by the entrance is wasted space. When we were discussing the slider, he wanted to put it in so it opened from the left to the right. I feel like he forgot the vent is there and you'd have to walk on it going in and out. I put the ka-bosh to that pretty quickly when the door guy came out to measure. 

Speaking of the door guy...he actually didn't call to let me know he was coming to deliver it. I had went on about my morning as normal until the door bell rang and Charlotte came running into the bathroom, while I'm in the shower, to tell me, "Papa here!" I was pretty sure it wasn't my dad because he would just come it. I carried on with my shower thinking it was the FedEx or UPS guy dropping something off. He rang the bell again and Charlotte announced "Papa here!" again. I hurried out of the shower and saw the door guys' truck from the window. So I embarrassed him and answered the door in my towel saying, "It'll be just a minute...."
This is the after picture. Not the best because our house has terrible lighting. I had to over-edit this picture just so you could kind of see the trim. The dining/kitchen area is so much brighter now during the day. I can see a big difference. The only downside I see to this new door is that you can't unlock it from the outside. And the screen locks too, which is okay, but I feel like it's only a matter of time before there's a hole in it. I actually had a dream the other night someone poked their finger through it so I took the screen door off and stuffed it in the attic... Perry did a wonderful job on the trim around it. I wonder if he'll re-do all the trim around the house...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!