Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Remodel of our Laundry Room

I've been wanting to redo our laundry room since we moved in. It's come a long way since 2009!

This is what it looked like when we previewed the house.
 See laundry room on the left. Kinda a storage closet.
 Perry went to work laying tile down to cover the cement floors.
I "finished" it up by painting it. Left over purply-grey from the downstairs bathroom, and green left over from the upstairs bathroom. Not exactly what I wanted to do, but it needed to be painted and I didn't have the time nor the energy to pick out another color. 
This is how our laundry room has stayed for the past 3 years. I've always despised it. My least favorite room in the house. 
A month or so ago, I was flipping through the ads and came across the Lowe's one. They had cabinets on sale and pictured them in the laundry room. I fell in love with the white ones shown. *Perry hates white cabinets* Then the other day we went to Home Depot (Home Depot Dustin as the boys call it) to look at cabinet...err, buy cabinets. 

Perry set to work on sanding them. 
And I worked on staining them.
Perry hung them while I was at work..
...with some help from JP using the stud finder.

Excuse the mess of my office...that's next on my to-do list. Perry also took it upon himself to sand and stain the door to the laundry room.
 And added cabinets to cover the plumbing.
 And my favorite...a place to hang my clothes!

Now I just need to repaint....which would have been easier before hand right? Tell Perry that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!