Saturday, April 7, 2012

Trip to Nanny and Papa's

Over Saint Patrick's Day weekend, the boys and I took an extended trip to go see Nanny and Papa. Normally when we go we have one full day and are traveling on the first and last. A 4.5 hour drive + with boys isn't always fun anyways.... These boys were troopers both on the way down and especially on the way back during the blizzard! 




Here's some highlights from the weekend *finally*! I already posted what we did on Saint Patrick's Day morning, but here it is again!

We began with Green French Toast and Green Milk...Yummy!


After breakfast we headed out to see all the tractors. It was about a 30 mile drive and Hunter was convinced it was only going to take us 5 days to get there. Not quite bud.


Even Mommy had fun!


The plan was for the boys to ride home with Papa Craig on the big red tractor, but after being on it for 30 seconds, JP deemed it "too scary" so he came home with me and Hunter drove the tractor home.


On the way back, Papa Craig spotted some cows. One of which who had just calved. Pretty cool to see!


Do I need to tell you how much they loved looking at the cows?


After watching the cows for a bit, we headed into town to see the fire trucks.

And then across the street to the park. Hunter is normally all talk, so I was VERY surprised to see him actually go down the slide, let alone head first!


After nap time (because it was obvious that one was needed!) we had some fun in the backyard. 
Hunter really really wanted to play on the "jump-oline"


And of course they had to play on the tractor some more!



They slept like rocks!



1 comment:

lkph said...

What a fun trip for the boys...nothing like a visit to the farm. Joshua loved to visit Grandma and Grandpa on the farm when we lived in California.

And I always remember when we first moved to Montana for good. During harvest...and in the afternoon I said to him, "Let go see if Grandpa wants his afternoon nap."

We drove out to the field. I told him to run over and ask Grandpa who was driving the combine.

"Yes," says Grandpa and he brings the combine to a stop and raises the header. I climbed up into the cab and asked Joshua if he wanted to come along. He did....which was good..so Grandpa could nap.

I engaged the header and we started down the field. Joshua looked at me with eyes as big as saucers and said, "Where did you learn to drive it?"

It never occurred to me that all he had ever seen me drive or operate all those years in LA was the car.

It made me laugh...and then realize that there is so much of our lives that our children don't know and yet we live our lives without thinking of our experiences running in the background.

It is so good to share your childhood with your children who will never quite experience it the way we did.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!