Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Year Half Gone

It's nearly July and that means we are halfway to next year already! Eeek! And only 6 more months to get my goals done! I'm actually not doing so bad!

Household Goals -
Let's see...ALL of our pictures are updated!! But we don't have any of Charlotte hanging yet..
I can cross the kitchen off the "Unclutter and Organize" list. That was a big project!
Conquer the laundry...uhh... I am and I still hate it.
I'm a solid halfway there with the dishwasher.
We organized and corralled the boys' toys earlier this year when we moved their playroom to the basement to make room for Charli....and now I'm thinking about getting rid of most of them. They won't know what hit them!

Fitness/Health -
Let's not talk about the hour of yoga per week....I was doing okay at it, but ultimately pregnant yoga blows.  though. #cantbend

Food -
We've tried about 7 new recipes, but I've got about 5 more on the menu for the next few weeks!
Like I said...I've got a menu!

Time for Myself:
My goal was to read 4 books. I think it totally counts if I listen to them. With that said, I've been subscribed to Audible.com. I became very "bored" at work walking around listening to myself so I started bringing my Kindle and listening to books when I inspected rooms or worked on projects. And continued to listen to them in the car and now while I'm nursing at o'dark thirty to keep awake. The books I've "read" include:
Eat, Love, Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Help (LOVED this book!) by Kathryn Stockett
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
And I've actually read 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 ... which I recommend reading! I'll probably read it again. So I'm halfway through the year and I'm rocking this section of my goals!

Parenting -
Uhh...We've been to 2 different parks...and we've painted and colored....
But the boys went to Bible School and did a TON of crafts! Does that count?
I don't think a family vacation is going to happen this year. Which is fine.

Finances -
We've paid down debt, we've invested, AND we still have an emergency fund!

Marriage -
We're still married aren't we....and have another kid :)
I'm hoping sometime soonish, maybe for our anniversary, we'll be able to get away without the kids.

Green Goals-
I think I've only forgotten my reusable bags a couple times. And I'm cloth diapering Charlotte :)
Once our current cleaners run out, I'm going to make our own.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

After we move, I'm going to really try to be more green. I bought a ton of reusable grocery bags (yay for woot.com) and I'm going to make my own cleaner, make pasta from scratch, do more canning, etc. More work, but it's stuff that I enjoy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!