Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Cheesy Bowties with Broccoli Alfredo

Up until the last few years, I've hated broccoli, but amazingly so my boys love it, as long as you call them trees. Perry is still on the fence about it but I'm working on him...Even still, he gave the thumbs up for last night's dinner, Cheesy Bowties with Broccoli Alfredo. I better mention, it was the leftovers that received the thumbs up since he didn't make it home in time for dinner!

Ingredients:
1 (24oz) bag of frozen broccoli with cheese sauce from Green Giant
3-4 cups of bow tie pasta (farfalle)
1 (14.5) jar of Alfredo sauce (I used the kind made by Prego)
1 can of diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, semi drained
ground pepper - about 1/8 tsp
dried basil

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish. Cook pasta as directed. Cook frozen broccoli as directed on the bag.
2. In the dish, mix all the ingredients together, except the basil.
3. Cover and bake for about 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle basil over casserole just before serving.

Total prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!