Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Baked Cavatelli

I love a good Italian dish and a little change from the usual chicken and ground beef dishes is nice once in a while too, even though I'm not a huge fan of sausage links. There's never left overs at house when this is on the menu!



Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups cavatelli noodles (I use penne noodles instead)
12 oz Italian sausage links sliced 1/2 in thick
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 26oz jar of pasta sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 
1/4 tsp black pepper
Italian seasoning to taste (optional)
 
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta as directed on package.
2. In a large skillet, cook the onion, garlic and sausage until sausage is brown. 
3. Stir together pasta sauce, 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add the cooked pasta and drained sausage to the mixture. Stir together gently. Spoon mixture into 2-quart casserole dish.
4. Cover. Bake for 25 minutes or until heated though. Uncover and add remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.

Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes

*Usually when I make this dish I double it and freeze half. I end up with more meat in the dish due to the packaging of the sausage we buy. I also make ours extra cheesy. Yum!* 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!