Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

Father's Day Weekend has already come and gone, and here I am just now posting about it. What can I say, I've been a little busy!

This year Perry and I spent Father's Day with his dad. Perry brother, Cameron, and his wife Erin, as well as his sister Emilienne and her husband Colin, came over for the weekend as well to surprise him. From what I've gathered, there were lots of little lies going around to hide the surprise from him. Perry had told his parents he was going out of town and wanted to have a barbecue at our house before he left. On the day of the BBQ, everyone hid in Charlotte's room with cameras.
 Once John and Betty arrived, Perry asked if they wanted to see what he's been working on for Charli and then led them in her room, where SURPRISE! happened. Needless to say, he was pretty surprised! After the BBQ, everyone left for the cabin, while Perry and I stayed home for the night to get ready for the weekend spent with everyone at the cabin.

 Soon after we arrived Saturday morning, most everyone pilled in the jeep and we went to town to check out some thrift stores and have ice cream. 
 The rest of the day was spent enjoying the afternoon out in the sun. And since boys will be boys, they had gotten themselves pretty dirty throughout the day and had to take a little bath. 
In the evening, we all headed down to the campfire pit for dinner. 
 Charlotte spent the evening in the front carrier.
And because of that, Perry was in charge of cooking dinner for me : )
 Colin, as well as a few others throughout the day, tried their hand at fishing over the weekend. As far as I know, no one caught anything, but there were a few bite? Or near bites?
 The campfire pit is situated right a long the river and has such a pretty view. 
 I just love this picture of Cameron and Erin (and my soon to be 2nd nephew!!)
 And what's a campfire without S'mores? Lame :) Hunter and Jimmy both enjoyed blowing out their burnt marshmallows. I enjoyed watching them!
 Here's our little Charlotte wide eyed. She's definitely awake a lot longer now! 
 Sunday took everyone to Garnet Ghost town about an hour from the cabin. The town mostly consists of homes but there were a couple buildings of some interest. Above is a picture of Emilienne and the boys going into the cellar. I didn't go in...
 Hunter found the outhouse to be very useful...
 I forgot Charli's hat at home so she used mine. What a little cutie!
 After walking around for an hour, we took a couple family pictures. 
 And then a few more at the cabin. Aren't these little guys so cute?! Hunter enjoyed playing with them all weekend.
 Here is everyone on Perry's side of the family, dogs included.
 And Grandpa John with his first granddaughter. 
And our most recent family photo. Luckily we got one good one since by that point the boys were pretty tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!