Monday, June 10, 2013

Rain+Dirt=Mud

Aside from swimming lessons, Hunter and JP had quite a bit of fun on the farm.
 Boys and tractors :) Surprisingly Papa didn't give them a ride on the tractor this trip. At least for JP, seeing all the tractors was enough!
 Before lessons the boys spent a good chunk of time just throwing dirt clumps. I remember doing that as a child too. But one of my favorite things to do as a child was...
 ...playing in the mud! I don't recall doing it quite like this but again, boys will be boys!
 JP had entirely too much fun jumping in and landing on his bottom. It wasn't a very deep puddle either...
 I was a little surprised to hear that Perry didn't play in the mud as a young child, but I guess if you live in a city there isn't much dirt. 
 I however was not surprised by his reaction when I sent these pictures to him.
 This would have never happened had dad been watching them!
 If I hadn't been watching them, they would have probably been naked! A little mud never hurt anyone!
And to answer JP's question, no Papa Craig didn't make the puddle. The rain made it, and then mom added more water to it so it was actually mud.
 That evening before Aunt Bobby arrived, I took them to town to play at the "water tower" park. 
 They played pirates, since their new favorite movie is, and I quote, "Disney's Peter Pan."
 Charlotte did a lot of this...
The merry-go-round was a huge hit with them too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

my god, Sadie, Charli's hair is beautiful! When I'm done with the inferno of summer session theory, we need to have coffee or ice cream!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!