Monday, May 26, 2014

A Glance at our Weekend in Philipsburg

For the long weekend, we took a trip to Georgetown Lake with Grandma Betty, and family friends Scott and Barbara. 
 The house we stayed in had a gorgeous view of lake from the back deck!
 After spending the morning mining for sapphires, we spent Saturday evening relaxing around the campfire.
 You can't have a campfire without hot dogs!
 When I was working on our gallery wall in our room, I realized Perry and I have *very few* photos together, so I'm trying to be more diligent in giving the camera to someone else. How cute are we?!
 But I love this picture of Grandma and Hunter a little more!
Is that really JP in a green chair? Who would have thought...

After a wonderful night playing dominoes (and winning if I may add), we all hit the hay exhausted. Sunday morning we went back to Gem Mountain before heading into Philipsburg for lunch and a stroll around downtown. 
If you've heard anything about Philipsburg, you know that they have an *amazing* candy shop called 'The Sweet Palace.' Go to this place!
 
 The wall are lined with candy. I was drawn into the sucker sticks, or whatever you call them.
 There are buckets and buckets of candy!

 
 SO much to choose from!
 Fortunately for JP, he just had to find the green ones... Unfortunately for Hunter, he didn't eat breakfast OR lunch so he missed out on the opportunity to pick out candy. What a bummer!
Green candy...Yumm!
Tell us where you're from: Rudyard?! Who did I know that I just missed?! 
 I just love all the old building this little town has. Completely in love!
 Most of the group - minus Scott and Charlotte
We had lunch at Doe Brothers and it was delicious! They have the best chicken tenders and fries! After our stroll around town, we stopped back in for ice cream. 

 After checking out of the house we rented, we drove through Philipsburg one more time so Hunter and JP could play at the elementary school park. Is this not just an awesome looking school?
 It reminded me of Dragon's Hallow in Missoula.
 Except this one had a jail!
 These boys wore themselves out, Perry included!
 I, however, discovered this amazing chair swing. So relaxing! 
 Check out this stud. I am in love with his new glasses. 
Charlotte was a little angel during the whole trip, even though her naps were few and short. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i just love perrys new glasses!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!