Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Look Whoo's Turning 1!!

A year already! Say what?! 
When she was a newborn, I wondered what she would look like when she was a year old. Now that it's here, I look at her and think, "When did that happen?" 
This little girl took two naps today because I knew she would need the extra rest. She woke from her second nap right before dinner, which gave me just enough time to change her into her birthday outfit. (Nanny bought it for her nine months ago, and it still fits...) She is just so CUTE! I held her hands as she practiced walking to the living to see all of her party guests. I helped her balance there for a while, but eventually she forgot because she was too distracted by her beads. Every day she's getting better and better at standing alone. 
 I was pretty determined for her to wear this headband, but she's at a point where she hates any kind of headband. I hate it. She looks so adorable with them on...
I have yet to post a tour of her room, but it's owl themed. Sticking with the theme, so is her cake! The top reads "Look Whoo's 1!" And this girl knew it - she was such a show off today!
After dinner, Charlotte opened her presents, with *a lot* of help from Hunter and JP.  
 She has the cutest giggle and shared it with us when she was checking out this toy from Nanny. 
 I spoiled her a little this morning and let her play with this cabbage patch doll before I wrapped it. When I handed it to her, she snatched it up and gave it a kiss. So sweet!
It was a gorgeous day out today, so I opted for us to do her cake smash on the deck. 
 She didn't go too crazy with it. At first she just picked off the letters on the top before she eventually went for the owl head. 
 Before she could devour it, Hunter came to the rescue to free the bird head from her mouth, and the body from her hand. 
 
 A couple minutes later, she was done. She realized she had that dreaded headband on, so she took it off and scooted away. 
 After all that decorating, this is what is left of her cake. So much work just to be smashed, but totally worth it!

"Owl" always love you!

To see her party in motion, go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!