Sunday, May 18, 2014

Cousin Casey + Lilac Parade

Charlotte and I had a busy weekend. Since Perry was taking Hunter and JP to the cabin to burn Grandma's burn pile and do a few other tasks, Charli and I took advantage of the free weekend and took a quick trip to Spokane. I was originally going to go to Spokane to see 'Wicked', the Broadway play, but since I had Charlotte with, it didn't work out for me, so Kim rode with and met up with my mom and went to the play together. Pretty jealous...

But I'm glad I went anyways because Charlotte was able to hang out with cousin Casey for a little bit before we met up with a friend of mine and her family. 
 
They weren't sure what to think of each other. 
 Charlotte is fairly used to having to share her toys and having her brothers take toys from her, but Casey isn't too keen on the idea quite yet. When he tried to share, it usually left him looking confused. 
 Like this, as if he were thinking, "Who do you think you are playing with my toys?"
 Before they started fighting, Kim and I put him on his walker to see how skilled he was. 
To say he loves it is probably and understatement!
Charlotte knows what she doing. She pinned him in up against the table and started ramming him with it....
As the day progressed, Kim, Robin, and my mom took naps while I showed Kile how to make and color fondant. (Casey's birthday is coming up soon!) We finished up just before Kelsey and her family stopped by to pick Charlotte and I up for dinner and evening out. We managed to get a killer parking spot downtown on our way to eat at Red Robin, which we weren't expecting since the Lilac Parade was going on later that evening.

*Side note* I feel silly admitting this, but I've never really been to a parade before. Obviously I've been to our school's homecoming parade, but those had 15? floats in them. This one had 208 floats/bands and was about 2 miles long. 

 Usually when my family eats out, we pack along Charli's strap-on high chair because restaurant high chairs just don't work for her because she so little. To get into Red Robin sooner, we had her use a booster instead. I was impressed with how well she stayed in it! She did tip over a few time though, but she remained strapped in! So much better than her slipping out of the bottom of the high chairs... And that little cutie in the background was so nice to share bits of his food with her! Gavin is the coolest 2.5 year old I've met ;)
After dinner, we had just enough time to walk a few blocks back to the car to get our chairs for the Lilac parade. I had the *wonderful* opportunity to enjoy the bagpipers as they marched pass. I also enjoyed the people walking behind the horses as designated "Pooper Scoopers."

-Video to be inserted here- I'm too impatient to wait for it to upload tonight....

But my favorite was the old ladies :) Kile and Chris ended up at the Lilac parade too and they were her favorite as well!
 This morning was a wonderful morning to sleep in, but I think I woke Charlotte up a little too early...
Kim drove my mom to back to Missoula since she was catching a cold and Robin snagged a couple snuggles from the kids before heading out to church. With the house to ourselves, and a little extra time for me, I helped Kile sculpt the fondant we made. I won't post the picture in fear of spoiling the surprise cake theme, but we both made a couple cute animals. By the time we finished miss Charlotte was overdue for nap in the car. 

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Haha, these pictures of Casey are SO funny and cute! What a cutie! Also, Ryan and I still can't get over how beautiful Charlotte is! Ryan was swooned by her, haha! Thanks for meeting up with us, it was a bunch of fun as usual!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!