Thursday, May 22, 2014

It's Physical Therapy Time for Charli

Last week at Charlotte's *one year* appointment, her pediatrician recommended she start going to physical therapy for her leg. There's not necessarily anything wrong with it, other than she just doesn't use it to get around. She said that if she doesn't learn how to use it, she'll have a hard time learning how later in life when it comes time for her to play sports.
All my kids have crawled differently; Hunter used hands and feet, JP did the standard crawling, and Charlotte scoots, like this. 

Today she went in for an evaluation at the physical therapy office for kids. She did great! Her doctor was so impressed at how willing Charlotte was to work with a stranger and how long of an attention span she had. 

These are all the things Charlotte needs to work on with me during play time. We've been busy since we left the office, so by nap time she was exhausted with all the extra work she did in the morning. I was thankful for the hour-longer-than-normal nap she took. Although she is scheduled to go to PT twice a week for the next month, we'll stop if she starts walking before then. And in the meantime, I have an awesome friend who will hang out with Hunter and JP while Charli is building her muscles. Hooray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!