Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bathroom Remodel #2

Once we determined that buying a pre-made cabinet wasn't an option because of the dimensions, we decided Perry would just rebuild the front of the existing cabinet. In doing so, we both agreed we should stain it the same shade as the baby gate he made this last fall. But like projects usually do, one thing leads to another, and since a dark cabinet would look out of place in our current bathroom, we decided to add a few more changes to the project, like new floors, a new paint job, and new trim.

As soon as we arrived home from Lowe's with most of our supplies, Perry came home and pulled out the toilet to start laying down the new flooring. I didn't realize he was going to start that night! Painting would have been nice to do before hand... Or at least most of it!
While he ran to the store for a new donut for the toilet, I painted behind the toilet. After doing so, I realized the lady at the paint counter mixed up our colors and gave me more of the wrong one. Luckily I like how it turned out!
I'm almost done painting. I have a few spots left on the ceiling, and then to go back and touch up a couple spots that need a thicker coat. I've been really annoyed while doing this paint job, because I've had to paint around quite a few things as I waited for Perry to take them down, like the mirror and the shower bar that was still up. Later had to go back and paint where the trim around the door and the window were before he removed them. Like I said...I wish we could have gotten the painting out of the way first...How many times have I cleaned my brushes?
For a few days, I didn't even have a door on my bathroom! That got old fast! Soon enough though, Perry had it sanded and stained. It took longer than he expected because when he was sanding the trim, he had to sand through about 5 layers of paint...

Now we're working on the cabinet in hopes to finish it up this weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

perry is such a handy man!! its starting to come together beautifully! I love the colors you chose to!

Sadie D said...

I'm so lucky to have him around! <3

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!