Friday, January 24, 2014

Child Care Rant: The Sequel

There are days (a lot of them) when I really would rather not move. Not that we are right now anyways. But it's in the back of my mind that some day, probably sooner rather than later, we'll be moving. It makes me sad to think that Missoula will no longer be what we consider home, but that's life. Got to go where the money is I guess...

That brings me to the ONE reason I would move in a heartbeat. Two years ago, almost exactly, I had posted this child care rant. I hate child care. Not quite as much as I did then, but I still hate it. Lucky for Perry, he has his VERY reliable wife to watch his kids when he's at work, so we're not stressing about finding a reliable babysitter anymore.  After the doosey we had with one of our sitters, I'm so thankful I don't have to go through finding a daycare/sitter again.

If you went back and read through my little rant, you would know that the last sitter we had, in a sense, left us high and dry. And still hasn't paid us back, about $500 give or take. Like I said, it's been two years since and I'm trying really hard to forget about the whole thing. But seriously?! That's a lot of money to not pay back to someone! Honestly, it would probably be long forgotten if I would stop running into her at random places! Missoula is fairly big, but we still manage to be at the same place at the same time. Every time, I'm not kidding you, I want to punch her in the face. I'm not an aggressive person but the way she treated the whole situation just really makes me mad.

The first time I ran into her, I was with my dad and kids, last winter at Wal-Mart. Because I was with my family I didn't want to make a scene so I just ignored her and kept walking. She sent glares my way. The next time was a few months ago at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Again, I was with my family enjoying dinner but I swear if she was to even glance my way one more stinking time, I was going to lose it. Thankfully Perry was able to calm me down enough to get through the last part of dinner. Then this evening I ran to the store to pick up a couple things, and guess who's there...At least she's intimidated by me. I happened to go down the isle she and a friend were in and as soon as she saw me, she grabbed her friend and darted down the isle and around the corner. I happened to leave the isle at the same end they did and we nearly walked into each other as I overheard her saying, "she's down this isle." You're dumb. And obviously still feeling guilty. But it doesn't change the fact that I still want to punch her....

And yes. She is that ONE reason I would move from this beautiful town. I would be okay with never seeing her again. More so, I hate that she can get me this fired up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!