Thursday, January 23, 2014

Practicing for the BIG ONE

I've spent the last two days practicing for a wedding cake I'll be making next weekend. I've never made a wedding cake before and am thrilled, and honored to be making one! 

Normally, like many of you know, I work with fondant. This wedding cake has zippo fondant, which is fine with me because sometimes fondant and I can get into a little yelling match. Fondant + yelling + wine = Stay out of the kitchen before I throw my rolling pin at you!  Luckily for Perry, I'll be doing most of the decorating away from home...

Anyways. The bride to be sent me a picture of the cake she wanted and I was relieved to see no fondant would be involved, just some frosting and a pretty burlap flower/bow. The last few cakes I've made, like Hunter's Wreck It Ralph cake, seemed to crumble a bit when I went to serve them. So the other day, I surfed around and found a few recipes to try out. I hit gold on the first one entitled Best White Cake Recipe {Ever}. Delicious - even though I forgot the vanilla, and no crumbles what-so-ever! I also tried my hand at "messy" frosting too! I think it turned out pretty darn good! Especially since this is the first time I've done it!
I'm anxiously awaiting for next week to roll around so I can see the finished product, which will be three tiers!

OH! And Charlotte went from laying on her back to sitting up today!! Proud momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!