Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sledding Down the White Dragon

One HUGE perk of having Christmas in Whitefish this year was all the snow we were able to enjoy! And this pretty view was what I woke up to every morning. Wasn't I lucky?
I can't remember the last time I really went sledding. 15 years ago? I don't know! Last year we took Hunter and JP down the hill at my parents house here in town, but with all the issues I was having with my pregnancy, I wasn't able to go up and down a million times. This year was much different.
When the Perry was younger, his dad built this ramp that attaches to the deck, which later came to be known as the White Dragon. Perry and Cameron set it up first thing Sunday morning and we went sledding on it I think every day. 
  While they set it up, JP and Hunter were busy eating snow...since there isn't any here to eat...
 Once they had loaded the White Dragon up with snow, JP volunteered to go down first with dad and had nothing short of a face full of snow. 
 Even still, he continued to go down the hill, as long as we would pull him back up. 
 Hunter went down only a handful of time the first few days before occupying himself on smaller hills.
Remember how I said Hunter randomly says "What does the fox say?" Sometimes he uses others words too...

And then there was Trigger who started chasing us down and tackling us!
 Here's a view from the top. Initially it was hard to make it to the first little hill, but before the final run on Saturday night, we were flying past the tree in the middle, and often times nearly hitting it! 
 During the middle of the week, Hunter became more eager to go sledding and even started bringing back his own sled to go again!
 By the end of the week, everyone had gone down the White Dragon multiple times, including Grandma!
One of the times when Uncle Colin came out sledding with the boys, he started shouting, "Freshies!" every time he would sled into unbroken snow. Hunter got a HUGE kick out of it. Hunter would shout "Freshies!!" even if he stayed on the sledding path. And was sure to tell everyone about it. By week end, everyone was shouting "Freshies!" The more we went sledding, the farther we would make it into the woods!
Even Charlotte and Stevie went down the White Dragon before the week was done! 

This clip above is Hunter on our final night of sledding - yup! We even went sledding in the dark!

During the final runs of the week, we started, stupidly, going down backwards. The first time I went I screamed the entire way down. The this is my third trip down going backwards...

Even HUNTER went down backwards and loved it!
Grandma wasn't quite as risky, but she and Hunter had fun just the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!