Monday, January 20, 2014

Bathroom Remodel #3

Oh this cabinet! I thought Perry was going to just rebuild the front so that it looked the same as before, but newer and better. That would have been the easy thing to do, but Perry insisted the cabinet should be a little bit higher and needed more drawers. I thought it was fine...
 Here's what it used to look like. Gah I hate the counter top!
And this is what he built. Check out my paint line on the left. A little bit higher? Let's try 6 inches! That's a lot and the counter isn't even on it yet! Needless to say, we had a little disagreement about it. He planned for it to only be about 2 inches higher, but some how miscalculated...It looks perfect when he stands by it, and then when I do, it looks massive. As a matter of fact, it comes up to the top of my hips! 

I gave him my two cents and left it at that. After a lot of debate with himself, he eventually uninstalled it, and made a few adjustments to lower it. THANK GOODNESS!
I think it's safe to say we're not going to have it finished up this weekend. Or even this week. Or next weekend. For reasons I'm not aware of, Perry had to take out the "floor" of the cabinet and cut out a new one. That on top of adjusting the front of the cabinet to make it shorter took up a bunch of time.
Right now Perry is working on building the drawers. The previous cabinet had a center track and the wheels would constantly come off the track. With the new drawers, he's adding an extra piece of wood to the cabinet frame so the drawers have tracks on both sides. Double tracks? Needless to say, Perry has been in the garage building this and that all weekend. And the boys have been out there "helping" too, or rather just playing in all the sawdust.
At any given moment during this past weekend, this is what our bathroom has looked like...hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!