Sunday, March 27, 2016

Basement Remodel: Update #2

We've been working away at the basement now for 3 weeks and it seems as though all the big things are almost done. Thank goodness because having my basement as a construction zone hasn't been ideal. 
 Perry finished getting all the dry wall up last Sunday while I was at work. This time I made him hang something over the basement entryway to minimize the amount of dust throughout the rest of the house. I haven't been, but I seriously feel like I've been dusting every day. (If you come over between now and the time the basement is done, just view the dust as an accent to compliment the decor!)
 
 Since he took Monday off of work to care for his sick wife, Perry finished up texturing and puttying the seams. By Wednesday I was feeling up to painting the room. Perry had told me not to go out and buy more paint because we already had a ton in the garage, which is true, but most of them were almost gone. I settled on the purpley-grey that I used 7 years ago in the downstairs bathroom. It looks more grey in the can, but more purple once its on the wall. I'm not in love with it.
By the time I was leaving for work on Saturday, Perry was beginning to lay down the carpet but ran out. By the time I was leaving for work on Sunday, the rest of the carpet was in. He wasn't thrilled with his installation job. He's mad that he mismeasured and laid a roll of carpet down wrong so the twill (?) doesn't go the same way. I didn't notice...

We wanted to get carpet in the room before my high school friend came to stay, otherwise it would be a danger zone in there. After she leaves, I think Perry is either going to finish up the trim work and then take the carpet out to re-do it, or take the carpet out and then finish the trim. Who knows at this point?! But the rooms looks great so far! I'm excited to get the hallway done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!