Monday, March 21, 2016

Family Sunday: Skate Club

After the week I had, a fun day with my family was just what I needed to get myself out of my stress bubble. 

A few weeks ago, Hunter's teacher emailed to tell me how Hunter has been struggling to pay attention during reading sessions, and if I had another suggestions or incentives, to let him know because he was running out of ideas. I'm not sure how I came up with it, but I ended up making a few punch cards for him. If he's behaving during reading he can get a punch, and when he fills his card, he can turn it in for the prize listed. He filled up a roller skating card first. He was SO excited to bring it home on Tuesday. We were going to go skate on Thursday but he was kind of feeling sick, so I told Perry we were all going to go for family skate on Sunday. 
 I may or may not have told the boys their shirts were required to be tucked in otherwise they might snag their shirt on something and fall. It worked, they tucked them in. *giggle giggle* JP brought his roller skates from Santa!
 I'm not going to lie, it's been a solid 20 years since I've been roller skating, and maybe 15 years for Perry. I think I looked like Hunter here when I first started...
I caught on pretty quickly and I was surprised as to how quickly Hunter and JP caught on too. They were still nervous about skating, but they both were doing much better staying up by the end of it.  
 I was also impressed with myself that I was able to get Perry to roller skate too. We held hands and skated a little bit together while the kids rested. JP rested most of the time we were there because he was "too hot." I think he was just nervous.
Charlotte came along too and was very disappointed there were no skates her size. I didn't expect there to be. I'm thinking about getting here an adjustable pair. We'll see. In the meantime, she held my hand and ran next to me as I roller skated. She was the best partner!
I really enjoyed watching Hunter skate though. I'm not kidding, in his orange shirt with his hands waving every which way, he looked like a "wacky-waving-inflatable-arm tubeman" like you see as car dealerships. I'm anxious to go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!