Saturday, March 12, 2016

Getting Our Golf Game on in February

Waaaayy back in February, the golf course my lovely sister Kim works at opened the course up for golf, in the middle of February! How often does that happen in Montana?! Hardly ever if I'm correct. Conveniently enough, my dad just happened to be in town, with his clubs none the less, so he convinced Kim and me to go out golfing with him Monday afternoon. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. Perry was home on his "vacation" so he was able to watch Charlotte, and it was Leap Day! You have the opportunity to golf on Leap Day once every four years, but the chances of that happening in Montana are pretty slim, but I did it!

I almost bailed on the golfing excursion for multiple reasons, the main one being cramping. I've never cramped so bad before! I asked my sister to "lace my sandwich with Midol" as I was on my way out to the course, but she didn't find the humor in it quite like I did. Aside from that Perry joined his mom earlier that morning to put down his dad's dog, Katie. It took longer than planned so I almost missed the tee off while waiting, curled up in a ball on the couch.

When I finally left the house, I grabbed a light jacket. I think it was around 45* out, which is not that cold. What I forgot to take into account was the wind. Our house is pretty sheltered. The golf course is not and boy was the wind a bit chilly. Luckily my mom was there, and not staying for golf, so I borrowed her winter coat. Kim and I loaded our golf cart with blankets and my dad brought along hand warmers. Off we went for some family bonding!

Here's Kim teeing off. I struggle teeing off but I almost hit the geese!  Kim said the week before a guy hit his ball onto the pond, which was still iced over, so he jumped on, hit is ball, and hopped back on to land. Only in Montana...
I know he won't admit it, but I'm pretty sure my dad was freezing. On the ninth hole, you could hear the power lines buzzing, and the flag poles were bending in the wind. I also had to re-tee my ball a couple times because it kept blowing off the tee. Now that's wind! After we finished up, we warmed up in the club house with hot chocolate. Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!