Sunday, March 27, 2016

Children's Museum with Nanny

A couple months ago, my mom, who my kids know as Nanny, took Hunter to the Children's Museum downtown and has been wanting to go back ever since. I've never taken them because...? I don't know. Hunter was such a high-energy kid that keeping track of him was a task in of itself, let alone to have to keep track of JP as well. It just never worked. And it's kind of pricey if you don't have a membership. 

Regardless, this was Charlotte's first time to the museum, and I'm debating getting a membership so her and I can go more often. 
The first thing of interest to both JP and Charlotte was the water table. What kid doesn't love playing in the water? Thank goodness they had water smocks to wear! Charlotte later tried her hand at fishing after Hunter showed her what it was all about. She lit up every time she hooked one! 
 We also explored the various rooms and found the doctors office where Charlotte practiced her skills on the baby. We even weighed her. She's tipping the scales at a whopping 27 lbs.
 We met up with her brothers digging for dinosaur bones. They all enjoyed digging up bones and burying them again. Tar bits were everywhere!

Hunter took a break and had cast Nanny and me in a play. He came up to me as I was crouched down and said while rubbing my back, "Mom we're going to put on a play. You are going to be the lady who can't pay the rent." My mom got the Superhero role. Here's how it played out: 
Mom sitting on the stage. 
Hunter enters wearing construction gear, and says to "the lady", "I need the rent."
M: I can't pay the rent!
H: I need the rent.
M: But I can't pay the rent!!
H: You need to pay me the rent!
M: But I don't have the money to pay the rent!!
Enter Superhero: I'll pay the rent!
M; You've saved the day!
End of play. We had to enact this skit, not once, but twice.
We finished up at the museum climbing on the rock wall. Charlotte did great! I was debating getting Hunter into a rock climbing class at the YMCA. Perry said no, I'm thinking he'll rock at it. (See what I did there?! Hahaha!) Maybe next fall... 
Before heading to Nanny's for dinner, we swung by the Carousal for Missoula for a ride on the horses. Charlotte's been wanting a ride for a while and since we were parked next door, I figured why not? I was ticked off when I got back to the car to see a parking ticket on my windshield when I made a point to pay and put my ticket stub on the dash. Apparently the wind blew it down the dash board by the vents, when I was getting the kids out, so the meter maid couldn't read the date and time on it...There goes $20. Uuuggghhh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!