Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend: Egg Hunt, Egg Dying, and A Lot of Egg Smashing

Easter weekend flew by at house with chaos in the air. My best friend, Britta, came to visit my family over weekend and brought along her two daughters, one of which is JP's age, and other will be 2 in July. It was a busy weekend around here!

She and the girls were going to meet up with us in the morning for an Easter egg hunt, but they had a delay and weren't able to leave on time. Perry and I took our kids to the Linda Vista Golf Course for their egg hunt and met up with Kile and Chris and the boys. I can't even exaggerate. I was the first one there. The parking lot was empty and we were *only* 50 minutes early. But in my defense, every other hunt we've been to you HAD to be there early to get parking, and then plan for walking...
 We played Twenty Questions in the car while we waited and then went into the club house for a little bit. Charlotte's hunt was supposed to start at 10:00 so around 9:45, we went outside to get her, Casey, and Dylan lined up. Much to my dismay, when we came around the corner, it had already started!! Robin was holding Charlotte and I had her run Charlotte over an untouched area so she could have a little bit of a chance to grab a few eggs.
 Little Dylan managed to get a couple too. I'm not sure how Casey faired, but I was a little annoyed the hunt was over by 9:51. There were still people in the parking lot with kids coming over that missed out. We decided it was probably one or two kids who crossed the start line and the parents didn't stop them, so everyone started. 
 I wanted to get a nice picture of the kids together, but JP was mad and cold, and Hunter was just tired of waiting. 
The older kids' hunt was on hole 1 of the golf course. Most of the kids lined up on the far left so we brought Hunter and JP down to the far right edge of the course. Perry gave them a little pep talk and we lay out a good plan for them.
When they said go, Hunter and JP took off running towards where we told them, but veered the wrong way and got caught up in the crowd of kids.
 There wasn't a ton of kids there, but because they were behind the pack, they weren't able to pick up very many. JP snagged 9 eggs, and Hunter came away with 2 eggs, and couple range balls. Those tricky yellow balls...
 By the time we made it back to the club house, we had two VERY disappointed kids on our hands. JP was carried back :(
 I helped crack open eggs as JP's hands were too cold. So were mine... we made it up to the kids by swinging by the store and letting them pick out their own treat. We spent the rest of the morning tidying up the house before Britta and the girls arrived.

That afternoon Perry, Chris and my dad went golfing together while Kile, Robin, my mom, and I hung at my house while Britta threw us an Arbonne party with facials. Yay! The kids were supposed to be napping but that didn't happen. They were all over the place! After we cleaned up the party, we all dyed eggs.
 This picture just cracks me up. The two of them together remind me of monkeys!
I think Casey enjoyed himself, but Dylan had just woke up from a nap and just watched everyone else with Nanny.
 I would love to tell you that JP had multiple colored eggs in his egg carton, but even that yellow one was turned to green by the time he was done. #obsessed
Casey and Charli both worked really hard to get their stickers on the eggs. It was adorable to watch their determination! 
 Charlotte had too much fun dunking eggs into all the colors. Who needs a spoon to get them out? #overrated
 After church on Sunday, we went to Nanny and Papa's house for dinner, and and Easter egg hunt. Hunter and JP pretty much picked up all the eggs before the little ones had a chance. They were supposed to let the young kids have a head start but that didn't happen. 
 I was going to hide them all again but it was pretty chilly out, and I'm kind of a big baby when I'm cold. 
 We even managed to get a family picture taken for my mom. Of course its the oldest kids that are grumpy and can't look at the camera...
Hunter and Rylee adored each other. The entire time she was at our house, they called each other their boyfriend/girlfriend. They held hands throughout church and drew pictures of them holding hands. They were cute. Both have tons of energy so they wore each other out. And on a side note, I'm in love with that one curl on Hunter's forehead! <3 it="" p="" perfect="" ringlet="" s="" the="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!