Wednesday, February 8, 2012

1st Attempt at JP's Cake...

Every birthday party we have, we celebrate on the closest Saturday. For obvious reasons. #1. I don't have to work with other people's work schedules. #2. Nanny and Papa come. #3. Its the day after my normal days off of work, so it gives me a little extra time to make the cakes.

Here's why I clearly need the extra time:


I used a box mix for the cake. Betty Crocker's White mix, to be exact. I followed the directions. The only other thing I did was I split the batter into thirds and dyed them. The bottom color was blue, middle was orange and the top was yellow. Once I put the three colors into the pan, I twirled it and "stomped" it down a little and popped it into the oven.

After it was fully cooked and cooled, I went to pop it out on to the rack, it split its self in half in the middle of the cake - almost an even break! And the top part instantly "cracked" and fell open like a flower....

It tastes good though... but this is clearly why I start working on the cake on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!