Monday, February 20, 2012

Broccoli Salad

I'm not going to admit that I have picky eaters at home, but let's face it, who's kid isn't a picky eater from time to time? One day my boys LOVE Mac & Cheese the next time they won't even look at it. Despite their finicky behavior, I bought a cookbook for kids, full of food kids *supposedly*  like. I found one that not only the boys will eat, but dad will too!


Lucky for me, it was really simple! 
All you need is:
1 bag of Broccoli ( I used the Broccoli Steamers in the freezer isle)
1 container of Cherry Tomatoes
Italian Dressing (or of your choosing)

Depending on your mood, you can make it either hot or cold. Often times when I plan ahead, I'll thaw the broccoli in the fridge and then eat it cold. Other times I'll heat them up in the microwave.
I cut the cherry tomatoes in half, mostly to prevent the boys from choking. 
Mix together and add a little dressing, and Wah-La! Yummy salad in minutes!

I normally eat it just like this, but the other day I had salami left over in the fridge that we needed to use up. That was a great addition too!


I used to completely hate broccoli up until recently. I'm pretty sure it would made my top 15 Favorite Foods list if I had one. I'm also excited that little Hunter and JP often request "trees" for lunch/dinner. Speaking of which, this is my lunch today - Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!