Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cheesecake Filled Strawberries

As I was surfing the internet last night, looking for some meals for my weekly meal plan, I came across these strawberries. They looked delicious so I added them to the menu for dessert tonight. I can't wait! I was fortunate enough that my sister Kim showed up to help with these! Yay for sisterly moments! And yes mom, we used the infamous strawberry *claw*!

We prepared the strawberries by removing the stem and hollowing out the insides a little bit. This was mostly Kim's job : )


I used my mom's cheesecake recipe for the filling: 8 oz cream cheese blended until smooth, add 1/3 cup lemon juice, and 1 tsp of vanilla and beat together. I put it in a ziplock bag and cut the corner. This made filling each strawberry super easy. 



Initially we started out with 1 lb of strawberries, but quickly prepared the other container as we had a ton of extra filling. We also cut the bottoms of the strawberries off so they would stand on their own. VERY helpful!


And for the final touch, we sprinkled crushed graham crackers on the top. Yummy! I can't wait for dessert tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!