Friday, February 10, 2012

Attempt 2 at JP's Cake

If at first you don't succeed, try try again! I re-baked his cake and that turned out 100% better!


I did 2 marbled cakes instead of 1 big one this time. I figured if I made one big one, I wouldn't have to try to glue them together. In my head it worked, but in my kitchen, it didn't. If it would have came out of the pan correctly, I'd be ahead of schedule!

Both cakes came out of the pan perfectly. But one froze lop-sided so I did what I had to do to glue them together. And because it looked so ridiculous, I'm not posting that picture!


I did all the baking yesterday morning, and started making the fondant to cover it all yesterday afternoon. That was a HUGE mess! And took longer than it needed to. "I can just make orange by using my red and yellow dye" Half an hour later, I was at Michael's buying orange dye. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!