Sunday, February 12, 2012

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin






One of my New Year's Resolutions was to read 4 books this year. When Perry and I packed for our honeymoon in Jamaica, he packed a couple books, and suggested I do the same. I don't ever have anytime to read, and when I do, I get sleepy! But I'm happy to say I completed "Something Borrowed" by Emily Giffin at the end of October. I started reading while getting my tan on, laying on the beach. I don't read very often- I still have a book on my shelf from 3 years ago that has about 80 pages left in it...if only I could bring myself to finish it!

I've found now that I'm not in school and forced to read, I'm kind of enjoying it! Because of my "newly found" past time, I added it to my list of New Year's Resolutions, seen here.

Anyways, for those of you who have seen the movie, "Something Borrowed", it's based on the book. I read the book and then watched the movie. I actually bought the book not realizing they were the "same". I was super excited once I found out it was made into a movie, only because for the first time, I had actually read the book. But like everyone says, the book was way better. They changed the characters around quite a bit, and made it hard for me to follow.

In the book, there are two best friends, who have been friends all their life. One friend is engaged to be married, and the other finds herself in love with the groom-to-be. I don't want to wreck it for those who are going to read it, but then it all kinda spirals out of control. Clearly a romance novel - my favorite!

Needless to say, I'm now reading the sequel,"Something Blue" on my new Kindle Fire. I love it! I can now read in bed without the lamp on! I'm also impressed that I'm over halfway done with this book, and I've only been reading it for 2 weeks! At this rate, I'm going to blow my 4 book goal out of the water!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!