Tuesday, May 29, 2012

If Only My Kids Would....

If only my kids would listen to me!

This is a day to day struggle for me. I'm not sure how many times I've called my parents in tears, or nearly in tears because they (mostly Hunter) will not do what I ask of them. Maybe we've just really hit the Terrible 2s and the Tantrum-ing 3's at the same time. Either way, they know how to push my buttons!

I dread bedtime just about every day that they *actually* take naps. At least when they don't take naps, we don't fight about staying in bed because they are too tired to get out! But then there are those days when they clearly need a nap, so we go back and forth about staying in bed not only at nap time, but again that night at bed time. 

Even simpler things like putting toys away are often challenging for us. It gets done, but occasionally there are tears involved, which I hate! I feel like I have been raising them the wrong way. The most frustrating part about them not listening to me, is that I haven't found a way that works to discipline them. 

Maybe I'm just crazy for thinking that only my kids won't listen to their mom when she asks them to go use the potty, or put their shoes on, or take their coat off, or heaven forbid, eat their food.

Don't get me wrong, I love my boys to death! And they are angels - when they want to be! Despite them not listening to me, they still manage to make me laugh and be silly with them. They just melt my heart. Wouldn't parenting just be a piece of cake if they did though? What's the fun in that?

P.S. Sorry mom for not listening when I was little...I think I just got slapped by Karma...

2 comments:

Shanan, The Book Addict said...

It is so ironic--I read your post after posting mine and we both are having a really hard time with our kiddos not listening to us. Just know that you are not alone!

Shanan
http://yogi-mommy.blogspot.com/

Sadie D said...

Thank you! It's nice to hear that I'm not totally alone!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!