Monday, May 28, 2012

Kile's Bachelorette Cake

This is my favorite cake so far! I volunteered to make Kile's bachelorette cake for her party last Thursday.
And as with any cake, there is always a Hunter story attached.... As I was cutting out the strips for the bow, I asked Hunter to put my candy thermometer down. Instead of just placing in on the counter, he slammed it down on top of my rolling, which caused it to break...There was little shards of glass all over the counter, including the strips I was cutting....so I had to start over... Luckily it didn't take too long! 
 I had a hard time getting the stripes right...I'm such a perfectionist! I ended up using sugar sheets for them. I hate how they taste, but I just haven't mastered creating black fondant...by the time it was a charcoal color, my fondant started crumbling...oh the joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!