Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Favorite Drink

Hands down, my favorite drink is a Shirley Temple.
When my sisters and I were young, we would go out to the ranch with our dad to feed the cows (but mostly just to play on the hay bales!) Not every time, but often enough, before we headed home, we would drive to town to have a drink at the bar with all the other farmers. My dad would have a Roy Rogers and my sisters and I would get Shirley Temples. We were always excited when they'd give us extra cherries in our drinks!

There are a few variations to the drink but here's how I've enjoyed them!

Add a few ice cubes to your glass
Fill glass with Sprite or 7-Up
Top it off with a splash of Grenidine
Stir
Garnish with a couple cherries
ENJOY!

Other variations include adding lime juice and using Ginger Ale instead of Sprite. This is a great drink for kids! Or make it an adult beverage by adding 1 oz of vodka to make it a Dirty Shirley.

2 comments:

Shanan, The Book Addict said...

I remember getting excited about extra cherries in my shirley temples...now I cannot stand those cherries. Isn't that weird?

Shanan
http://yogi-mommy.blogspot.com/2012/05/blog-dare-3-my-favorite-drink.html

Anonymous said...

Oooh that sounds yummy, I think I may give that a try at some point, I am now linking up with you via Bloggy Moms Blog Dare http://twoslicesoftoastandacuppatea.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/the-blog-dare-may-30th-my-favourite.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!