Monday, May 21, 2012

A Trip to Seattle: Day 1

This past week, Perry, the boys, and I took a trip to Seattle to see Perry's sister Emilienne and my sister Kile before we headed to Oregon for a wedding. Our boys were troopers, for the most part, on the trip over. It did help that I brought a portable DVD player! We woke up early and left around 7am and made a few stops before actually leaving town, but we still made pretty good time.

By the time we arrived in Coeur d'Alene, Perry and the boys were antsy to get out to stretch, so we pulled over at a rest stop to let the boys run around for a little bit. 
JP hung out under the picnic bench for a while playing with his stick...
...while mommy and Hunter spun around and became dizzy!
 Then we played the itsy bitsy spider before we hit the road again.
As soon as we arrived at Aunt Em's house, the boys were busy opening presents.
 They love their new tractor and bulldozer!

After we brought our things inside and made a plan, we headed to downtown Seattle to catch the end of Pike's Market and to have a bite to eat.

This is the famous gum wall...ick! 
 We finished the night up with dinner at Ivar's, which is right on the shore. The boys enjoyed seeing the ferry come and go.
We stayed up fairly late watching Free Willy and eating ice cream. I was surprised how late the boys stayed up! They had a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!