Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Graduation Weekend in Billings

Last weekend my younger sister Robin graduated from Rocky Mountain College in Billings. The boys and I headed east to join in all the fun! Before we left Friday afternoon with Aunt Kim, I woke up early to finish up Robin's cake....errr start to decorate Robin's cake. I had a *very* trying morning attempting to create a cake and watch the boys at the same time...I'm just glad it's a new day!

I did think ahead and baked the cake a few weeks in advance, but left the decorating until the day of. Typical me - always pushing the deadline! I had a few struggles with it, but here's the finished product!
It didn't have enough time to set up in the fridge so the page edges ended up drooping. I believe I had to "open" the book about 3 times before I was done messing with it. Clearly didn't think everything out!
She loved it! : )

Kile was able to make it over for the weekend as well so the four of us (along with Nanny and Papa) spent the weekend together celebrating.
Here's her cheering section!
Hunter had a *very* hard time sitting still so soon after graduation started, Nanny took him out to run around and left him with "some college kid." My heart sank when she returned without Hunter, and sank again when she said she left him with a stranger....so I went to retrieve him. Upon my return, Jimmy was passed out!
Here's Aunt Bobbie getting her college diploma! She graduated Summa Cum Laude (with a gpa between 3.8-4.0)!
These boys were pretty excited to stand in front of the Rocky bear.
By the end of night, these two little buggers were SO tired! JP somehow stayed up until about 11:15 - probably because of all the cookies he ate! Hunter passed out around 10 watching Veggie Tales. And, for the most part, they were troopers on the way home! I'm so glad Kim was able to ride with me - made the drive a lot more manageable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!