Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Emilienne and Colin's Wedding Weekend: Part 1

The long wedding weekend has already come and gone! It flew by! Emilienne and Colin had perfect weather all weekend. It was simply gorgeous out! Festivities started Thursday evening with a barbecue with family and friends. 
 We were lucky to have (Perry's) cousin Dustin make it over from Japan. He was so great with the boys. Here they are on the same team going against his brother John in a water gun fight. The four of them were soaking by the end of it! 
The evening ended around a campfire with Emilienne delegating tasks for the upcoming days. Surprisingly Hunter fell asleep before JP! 
 I baked two dozen cupcakes before the campfire on Thursday then woke up early on Friday to make more and get them frosted. I forgot my frosting recipe at home so I had to wing it from memory, and did pretty good! I was however six cupcakes short on frosting so I had to make more. Kudos to me for color matching! I created a total of 45 cupcakes, but I think some of them were hijacked before the dessert reception after the rehearsal dinner. 
 Em and Colin picked a beautiful backdrop for the ceremony!
 As soon as the flower girl arrived, JP fell in love. She had gorgeous curls that Hunter was fascinated with, but ultimately I think JP won her over.
Hunter- "I like your fingers. Did you paint them?"
Sarah- "Yeah. I've never seen a boy with painted fingernails before. Why are they pink?"
Hunter- "Just cuz I like them."
And that's when I had another "Yep, that's my little boy" moment...
 Aren't they so cute?! Cameron was asked to officiate the wedding and he did an awesome job!
 Aunt Mary put together all of the flower arrangements. She did a fantastic job! This one sat up near the alter. She also put together the bouquets and the centerpieces. What an amazing lady!
And here's one of the few pictures I have of Hunter from the weekend. He was literally everywhere and into everything. He and his new friend Henry once attempted to drive off in a golf cart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!