Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Trip to Washington: Kile and Chris' House

I've been anxious to make a trip to Washington to see my sister ever since she and her husband moved within a few hours of us. I've also been oh so eager to see a friend of mine that I've known for 20 years. I was lucky enough to make it into one big exciting trip!

The boys and I left Friday after work. Perry helped me out by packing for the boys. He did great when it came to the DVD player and blankets and such...the clothes needed some work though. I didn't know that until I arrived with each having 2 pairs of shorts, 1 pair of pants, 3 shirts, 3 sweatshirts and 2 pajamas. And Hunter had 3 pairs of underwear. This would be fine if we were only gone for 2 days. But we were gone for 4. And in the middle of summer. Did I mention I'm pretty OCD when it comes to dressing my kids. To me, none of the clothes matched. So there was a lot of improvising and re-wearing of clothes. Kudos to him for the plethora of pull-ups and socks, and for packing their swimming suits though!  
We spent Friday night with Aunt Kile and Uncle Chris in their new home. The boys loved their boat! Aunt Kile spoiled the boys in the morning by making them fruit faces for breakfast.
 JP ate most of his. He was a big fan of the jell-o...Hunter didn't eat much. Typical Hunter.
 After breakfast, the boys were antsy to go to the park, which was just out their back door. JP spent quite a while peaking through the cracks!
 When Kile opened the gate, they were so excited!
 Here's my adventurous JP attempting to climb the rock wall. He managed to get his other leg up to the orange block before he fell down. He walked away saying "I don't like that. It hurt myself." Pretty sure he got racked.
 But he had fun climbing other things.
 And catching Aunt Kile on the slide.
 Hunter did a lot of running around. Aunt Kile is helping him to look out through the telescope at mommy. He thought that was pretty cool!
 While Hunter was running around, he made a trip back to the house to get the chalk. He didn't use it though. JP did.
When they decided the park was no longer any fun, we all came back to the house for a bit. JP absolutely loved watering the flowers with their pig shaped watering can.
We left shortly after Chris's parents arrived so everyone could prepare for the golf tournament they were in that afternoon. On their trip over, they brought these end tables with them. Super cool! For one, Kile is a MSU graduate, and Chris is a WSU graduate. His and Her tables : ) And secondly, they made them out of wine barrels...from their wedding! How stinkin cool! There is even rope lights under the glass so they can light up at night! What great keepsakes they are now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!