Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trip to Washington: Kelsey's House

During our trip to Washington, the boys and I filled days 2 and 3 with my long time friend, Kelsey, and her baby boy Gavin. It was soo nice to see her for more than a few hours! I was so thankful for the time we were able to spend together!

On Sunday afternoon, we met up with her parents and Kile and Chris and went to the lake. I wasn't sure how the boys were going to like it, but I wanted to give it a shot anyways. If they didn't like it, there was a small park there for them to play at. 
I was mostly worried about JP. Whenever he sees bodies of water larger than the bath tub he flips out and starts bawling. Turns out, I needed to be concerned about Hunter. Yes, he did in the water, but only as high as his knees at most. Most of the time he ran around and rolled about in the sand.
He was a sandy mess!
Baby Gavin is getting treated for club foot so he has a cast on his leg, so he unfortunately wasn't able to go splash around in the water at all. He seemed pretty content hanging out with mom and nanna.
JP was my wild child at the lake. He was brave enough to let Aunt Kile take him out to water in the raft, and again, surprisingly loved it.
At one point JP asked to swim out further, so Kelsey and I took the boys for a little swim. They enjoyed it. Mommy and Hunter...not so much. I swam with the heavy kid who cried the whole time. And I had my shoes on. We're lucky we mad it back to shore!
By the end of our swim, JP was having a blast! Kelsey took him over to the dock to jump in and had SO MUCH FUN! I brought Hunter over to see if he would enjoy it. He didn't. But in the meantime, JP jumped to me. As I turned to talk to Kelsey, JP jumped in again and completely submerged himself. I thought my missed catch would have been the end of it, but after he got over the shock of going under the water, he was quick to keep jumping in!
Before we ate dinner, we took another ride in the boat. JP loved the boat rides too! Hunter was kind of on the fence about them so he stayed back on the second trip out. Uncle Chris and Aunt Kile let him try out fishing instead and seem to really enjoy that!
JP however was lucky enough to drive the boat for a little bit. That was a big highlight for him! The rest of us were spun in circles for a while....
JP say cheese so I can take your picture. "CHEEEEEEEEEEEESE" and he sat like this for about 30 seconds saying cheese. : )
Once we arrived back to shore, Kile and Chris let the boys hold their fishing poles, which preoccupied them long enough to make supper. 
 And for me to have a little Gavin photo-shoot.
He's ridiculously cute!
Words cannont describe what Kelsey and I were feeling when we saw Hunter sleeping! The night before, bedtime literally took about 3 hours. It was a disaster! Unfortunately, JP was wired and ended up waking him before we got home, so bedtime was a struggle again, but not nearly as bad!
JP really wanted me to take a picture of his tongue so he could show Aunt Kim....They both have geographic tongues!

Both nights were spent in the kitchen reminiscing and drinking wine. It seems like we discussed everything! I believe we were up until 2 am the first night, and 1 am the second night. And of course my boys were up at the crack of dawn...so needless to say, by the end of the trip *everyone* was exhausted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!