Monday, August 13, 2012

*** Lemon Party ***

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting all summer long to have the deck done so we could host a barbecue. The time *finally* arrived...with 5 days notice. I knew this was going to be probably my only chance at having a lemon party this year.

I don't recall exactly how I came up with the idea. I think I saw a fellow blogger have a watermelon party and then opted for lemons instead. Turns out I'm not the first one to have a lemon party! Who would have thought?! I didn't have time to do everything I wanted to do, but I made it work with what I had. 

Here's a link to my Pinterest board for my "Pucker Up Lemon Party".
Let me tell you about the details!
We had lemon-themed napkins. I made them myself a few days before. Super easy, but VERY time consuming!
I had centerpieces too! I stood in the vase isle for about 20 minutes trying to figure out what I wanted to do. Eventually I decided on this. I knew I wanted to do something so you could see the lemon slices. I love how they turned out. I created 4 of these pretty things. One for the food table, two for the dinner tables, and one for the coffee table.
 The coffee table with it's centerpiece. I last minutely bought the yellow table clothes for the eating tables. As you can see Hunter diving in, we had lemonade (with lemons in it) and iced tea as our beverages.
Our dinner menu:
Grilled Lemon Chicken
Potato Salad (that Perry bought)(Not sure he caught the lemon theme completely)
Salad with the famous Dustin family dressing (which had lemon juice, and I added a little bit of lemon pepper to it)
and Corn on the Cob (seasoned with lemon pepper)
You can't have dinner without dessert: Lemon Bars.
This was my first time making Lemon Bars and they turned out to be a HUGE hit! : )
I've got to give a shout out to my wonderful husband for grilling and preparing the rest of the food while I was at work. He was a trooper!
I was *so* glad my sister-in-law and her parents were able to make it! I just love that family! We were also able to enjoy the company of Perry's brother and Grandma and Grandpa. 
 
After dinner we had fun playing croquet. One of my favorite outdoor games : ) Especially when there is a lot of people!

And kudos to the boys who were rockstars the whole night! (PS Hunter dressed himself...that's all him!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cute idea!! I love that!! - turns a blah BBQ into something fun!! miss you guys! Looking forward to aunty em's wedding update :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!