Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Montana: The Places We'll Go

The great state of Montana has to much to offer and I'm sad to say I've barely experienced yet, even though I've lived here my whole life. I love Montana and can't imagine leaving, but I feel it is inevitable at some point. With that said, I would love to see it while we're here, and a heck of a lot closer to these places! Although I don't imagine we'll be doing a ton of sight seeing this year, I do hope we can at least mark a few off!

1. Museum of the Rockies - Bozeman, MT 
I can vaguely remember going there when I was a child, but would love to see it again. Plus, What little boy wouldn't want to see dinosaurs up close? I know Hunter and JP would! Between the Planetarium, the Children's Discovery Center, and the Living History Farm, we would end the day one tired family! I love watching the excitement of kids when they're learning!

2. Ringing Rocks - Whitehall, MT
I had a co-worker tell me about this place when she took her kids there. The rocks chime when you tap on the them. How cool would this be do see and hear? (And then maybe we can hit up the Lewis & Clark Caverns while we're in the area!?)

3. Montana Vortex - Columbia Falls, MT
This just sounds like a super fun place to go! I would love to see how the kids react!

4. Gem Mountain - Philipsburg, MT (see our trip here!)
Gem Mountain is famous for sapphire mining. In fact it is one of the best in the world! It must be a natural instinct for boy to dig in dirt, so I would have a hard time believing this wouldn't be just right up there alley. Who wouldn't want to be able to take pride in finding their own sapphire? This would be so much fun in the spring time when it's not to hot out!

5. Yellowstone National Park
I remember taking a trip to Yellowstone when I was young, and I can just barely remember seeing Old Faithful. Or maybe I just remember seeing it in videos...Anyways, I can't believe I've only been to Yellowstone, maybe twice. And I live only a few hundred miles from it!

6. Glacier National Park
That being said, I've only been to Glacier a handful of times too. When I was maybe a 7th grader we took a drive on the "Going to the Sun" Road. We were able to get out at one point and climb on a glacier. How many people have done that? They're melting away slowly but surely, and I would love my kids to have that experience too! As well as take in all the other wonderful things Glacier has to offer! 

7. Pompeys Pillar - near Billings, MT
I never been here before and would love to learn a little bit more of Montana's history. Pompey's Pillar contains the last physical evidence of Lewis and Clark's journey. What a sight to see, especially since they are a huge part of Montana history.

8. Crow Agency, MT
Simply put, I personally would enjoy seeing a pow-wow. Going during the Annual Crow Fair Celebration in August would be amazing as it is the largest in the nation. Could there be a better way to experience the culture of Native Americans?

Take a ride out west on the train! The boys would love this! This is a dinner train full of scenic views and outlaws! Although going in the summer would be fun, I'm hoping to take them on the "North Pole Adventure" sometime in the winter.

10. The Round House 
Okay...we've been here before, LOTS of times! But trips to the Dome Home are becoming far and few between so I made sure to add it to the list. At least once a week Hunter or JP ask when we're going to go to the Round House. As much as I would love to take them sledding down the hill we used to as children, I just hate driving in the winter. It always snows when I need to travel! Anyways, now might be a good time for at least Hunter to sign the infamous "Guest Wall."

I wonder how many we can cross off this year? What places do you want to see in Montana or have seen that should be on the list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!