Monday, February 10, 2014

Vrrrmmm....Monster Truck Cake

I was a little busy over the weekend, well actually, the last few weeks making and decorating cake. Here's my latest one that I was able to squeeze in after I made JP's birthday cake!
 The only part I was a little nervous about was the black tire. Black is one hard color to make, coming in second to red. I was super pleased with how everything turned out! I was even able to do something I hadn't done before - letters! Something as simple as letters had never been done by me before on a cake. The one time I tried before, they stuck to the counter so I was pleased when they worked perfectly and didn't get stuck in the cutters. 
They had a super cute party too - everything was monster truck themed. If I was thinking, I would have turned the cake so everything was in the background, but I was so frustrated with the humidity in the pool area that I snapped two pictures and left. I'll know better for next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog! Please leave me a comment - I love hearing from my readers!